Torrified Red Wheat Malt by the PoundBriess
Now: $1.99 - $2.19
(You save )
Torrified Wheat has been heat treated to break the cellular structure, allowing more rapid hydration and malt
enzymes to more completely attack the starches and protein.
• Torrified Wheat can be used in place of raw wheat when making Belgian-style White and Wit beers.
• Advantages over raw wheat include normal conversion time and higher yield.
• Mill medium coarse.
• Add to the mash along with the malt.
• Mash as usual
• To increase lautering time, include a small amount of rice hulls.
• Can be used up to 40% of the total grist bill.